6.20.2005

To Kaufman and Pope

I may have reasoned it all out in my heard before I even figured it out for myself. Hindsight, as they say, is 20-20.

Perhaps I’d had known it all along and have left myself clues to figure it out in the future. Maybe I’m reasoning too much, chasing an illusion that was never there to begin with.

We can’t travel back in time, but we can certainly change the past. I was always good with temporality. That, at least, I understand.

And memory, or lack thereof, might very well be our greatest ally.

We’re damned either way then.

Oh, how ignorance is bliss!

“How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.”
- Alexander Pope

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regret makes the world a better place.