I feel like I’ve sold my soul to the devil. Vanity indeed must be his favorite sin. Narcissus’ downfall, it’s quite easy to get favors when dangling mirrors. And I foolishly played along.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I was contemplating what it would be like in another person’s shoes. Fate has a funny way of turning events.
Perhaps it was my competitiveness. I wanted to stand out just as much as those around me. I got it, but it’s beginning to cost me.
I hadn’t thought of the sacrifices involved, and now they seem so much more than the price tag of foolish dreams.
At least now, I’m in a more favorable position to bargain. Although I’m not too sure if they devil is in the mood to argue with me. Or maybe he’s already got me leashed. One year already seems like a long time to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment