Perhaps it’s the sheer contrast of the items in my (short) reading list that are responsible for all the confusion. The System paired with Questionable Content preach of polar extremes, and the game we’re all unfortunately trapped in, being the band that they share. No sooner is the System keen to banish the moral issue than QC is to bring it up, though both in a comedic manner. The undertones, too, are far more serious, underscoring the half meant jokes like subtitles of a foreign movie. The System, oddly enough, was the more meta-fictional of the two.
Interesting too that the choice of wit and humor is used to attack what would normally be an awkward or ponderous subject, making light matter of a phenomenon that easily plagues us all. It’s it light and funny attitude, self-depreciating at times, as the good book says, that keeps it in good company, or in QC’s case, good following.
The same holds true for a book I’m reading now — life and times of and editor who’s been through hell and back, and with a relative I’m coming to know even better now, though he’s departed, through his words.
No better is it best exemplified than in a song I’ve recently come across.
“Dress it up with the trappings of love. I’ll be captivated…”

No comments:
Post a Comment