Before I begin, some shameless self promotion:
Get a copy of Today Newspaper (Feb 5-6, 2005) and check out the Weekender Magazine. Guess who wrote the cover story. You can still catch it tomorrow.
Ah, on to more Narcisism...
I was thinking of writing another story.
Not sure how the plot will work but I got a few ideas. As usual, it will be the same mix of melodramatic, semi-psychotic, hodgepodge of emotions.
Somewhere in the midst of confused youth ramblings will be inserted profound lines from the unassumingly intellectual sidekick. Words of wisdom such as,
“Unicorns are beautiful, alright, and they are the yardstick with which we measure everyone else against. If we catch them, they instantly lose their magic, and become but mere stags or mares. Part of the reason why we cant catch Unicorns is because we want to keep that magic alive, because it is that magic that makes us continually yearn for love. Or hope. Or faith. In the end, it doesnt really matter what we are searching for anymore. Like you said, in the end all that remains is the old beauty (and pain) of losing our Unicorns all over again. Reality comes back to haunt us. Or remind us of who we really are, and what more we can become.”
- Chuck/Christian (I’m still deciding) - restlesshead.blogspot.com
Named after a very good friend of mine who, like me (or at least I think so), loves to revel in fleeting moments of hopeless romanticism.
It will be open ended once again, leaving you agonizingly confused as to how our hero will find his closure.
It will all be bundled into a wonderful piece of slander I call “Fiction,” codename for “Things I wish I had the guts to say out loud.”
As usual, I’ve incriminated myself again, but then again, what else is new?
PS: Bon Voyage, Mika. Go out and conquer something!

No comments:
Post a Comment